Friday, April 18, 2025

The Forbidden Easter Feast

Easter has arrived. My human has a suspicious amount of food. This is concerning.

Chocolate eggs, pastries, and something that smells suspiciously like cheese have appeared on the table. Yet, despite the abundance, I am given none.

This is an injustice.

I, Gryzka, Master of the Hunt, shall not stand for such an offense. It is time to devise a master plan.

Phase One: The Innocent Approach

I sit beside my human and stare at her with my biggest, roundest, most pitiful eyes.

She glances at me. “No, Gryzka. Chocolate is bad for you.”

Lies. I don’t believe her.

I nudge her hand. Purr. Look adorable. Surely, she will break under pressure.

She does not. She laughs and eats a piece of chocolate right in front of me. Right in front of me!

The betrayal.

Plan A has failed. Time for Plan B.

Phase Two: The Distraction Tactic

While my human is distracted by her weird glowing screen, I leap onto the table and inspect the forbidden feast.

The chocolate eggs are shiny and wrapped in crinkly paper. Too risky. The pastries, however… perfect.

I extend a paw, inching toward a delicious-looking croissant—

“Gryzka!”

I freeze. She has caught me.

I quickly retract my paw and pretend to clean my face. I was never reaching for the pastry. I am innocent.

She narrows her eyes. She does not believe me.

She picks me up and puts me on the floor. Again. The disrespect.

Phase Three: The Stealth Mission

Later, my human goes to the kitchen. The table is unguarded.

This is my moment.

With the silence of a trained spy, I slink across the floor, jump onto a chair, and onto the table. My prize awaits.

I bite into the soft, flaky pastry—

“GRYZKA!”

She has returned too soon.

I grab the pastry with my teeth and attempt to flee, but she is too fast. She snatches it away. My hard-earned victory is stolen.

The injustice burns deep in my soul.

Phase Four: The Ultimate Betrayal

To add insult to injury, she laughs and takes a piece of ham from her plate.

“Oh, so you want this?” she teases.

Yes. Finally. She understands.

She hands it to Kitka instead.

KITKA.

The outrage. The pain. I have been betrayed on the holiest of holidays.

Conclusion: The True Easter Lesson

Defeated, I retreat to my spot by the window, brooding over my losses.

But I am not one to give up.

Tomorrow, she will let her guard down. The pastries will return.

And when they do… so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Annual October Meeting of the Household Cats

  You are not supposed to know about this. In fact, technically, you were never supposed to discover that the meeting happened at all. But h...