Friday, August 14, 2026

Cleaning Day: An Obstacle Course Designed for Cats

 

Dear humans,

I have a confession.

I love cleaning day.

Not because I enjoy cleaning.

Please.

I am a cat.

I have standards.

 But cleaning day is the perfect opportunity to test my human's skills, improve household efficiency, and remind everyone who is truly in charge.


The Arrival of the Giant Enemy ๐Ÿงน

It always begins the same way.

My human opens the cupboard.

I hear it.

That sound.

The terrifying, dramatic noise.

CLUNK.

The broom appears.

Immediately, I know:

The house is under attack.

Naturally, I must investigate.


Phase One: Broom Surveillance ๐Ÿ‘€

The broom moves.

I move.

The broom stops.

I stare.

The broom moves again.

Suspicious.

Very suspicious.

What exactly is this long creature doing in my territory?

Why does it touch the floor?

Why does it make strange noises?

Why does it chase invisible things?

Honestly, humans bring the strangest pets into the house.


Phase Two: Strategic Positioning ๐Ÿ˜ผ

This is where my expertise begins.

Many cats simply run away from cleaning tools.

Amateurs.

I prefer a more advanced strategy.

I sit directly where the broom needs to go.

Not because I'm blocking it.

Because I'm providing guidance.

There is a difference.


The Human Reaction ๐Ÿ™„

"Gryzka, move please."

Interesting.

A request.

But have they considered:

  • My comfort?
  • My important thoughts?
  • The fact that this exact spot has excellent floor temperature?

No?

Then the research continues.


The Perfect Cleaning Assistant ๐Ÿพ

Humans misunderstand my role.

They think I make cleaning harder.

Incorrect.

I provide quality control.

For example:

The Sofa Inspection

Human: "I need to vacuum here."

Me: sits down immediately.

My job:
Ensure the sofa remains cat-approved.


The Carpet Evaluation

Human: "I just cleaned this."

Me: walks across it.

My job:
Check whether the surface is still suitable for walking.


The Freshly Washed Laundry Test

Human: "Don't lie on those clothes!"

Me:
lies down.

My job:
Confirm softness.

You're welcome.


The Vacuum Cleaner Emergency ๐Ÿšจ

Now we reach the greatest challenge.

The Monster.

The Loud Beast.

The Floor Dragon.

The vacuum cleaner.

I have studied this creature extensively.

My conclusions:

  • It is noisy.
  • It moves strangely.
  • It has no respect for personal space.
  • It attempts to eat the floor.

Very concerning.


My Recommended Safety Protocol ๐Ÿ“‹

When the vacuum appears:

Step 1:
Run away dramatically.

Step 2:
Hide somewhere nearby.

Step 3:
Observe carefully.

Step 4:
Pretend you were never scared.

Step 5:
Return once it disappears and inspect the damage.

A true professional never admits fear.


The Dust Bunny Investigation ๐Ÿฐ

Humans are always removing dust.

But have they ever considered...

Maybe dust bunnies are simply misunderstood?

Perhaps they are tiny creatures trying to survive.

Perhaps they have families.

Perhaps they enjoy living under the sofa.

I believe further research is required.


My Favorite Cleaning Day Activity ๐Ÿงบ

Without a doubt:

The Fresh Sheet Challenge.

Human changes the bedding.

Human makes the bed.

Human turns around for five seconds.

I appear.

Instantly.

Perfect timing.

The new sheets are now officially tested.

The results:

Softness: excellent.

Comfort: outstanding.

Cat approval: 10/10.


Frequently Asked Questions ❓

"Why do you sit exactly where I'm cleaning?"

Because that area requires my attention.

"Can you please move?"

Of course.

Moves three centimeters.

Satisfied?

"Why did you knock over the cleaning supplies?"

I was investigating gravity.

Science is important.


Final Cleaning Report ๐Ÿ“

After years of professional observation, I have reached an important conclusion:

Humans believe they clean the house.

They are mistaken.

The house is cleaned through a combined effort:

Human: moves objects around.

Cat: supervises, tests, inspects, and provides emotional support.

Without cats, cleaning would be meaningless.

Probably.


Now, if you'll excuse me...

I must go sit in front of the washing machine.

The spinning clothes require supervision.

It is a difficult job.

Someone has to do it.

And apparently, that someone has whiskers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cleaning Day: An Obstacle Course Designed for Cats

  Dear humans, I have a confession. I love cleaning day. Not because I enjoy cleaning. Please. I am a cat. I have standards.  But cleaning ...